Thursday 27 August 2015

50 Reasons to Smile

Hey everyone!

On this cold, miserable, rainy day in England, I only thought it was right to do a blog post of 50 reasons to smile. Not only smile but to stay positive. Many of you may be starting school, starting, college, Uni or just returning to school. Me? I'm starting college and I feel that you may need a spark of encouragement and a cup of positivity to get you back into the spirit of school. So, without further ado here are my 50 reasons to smile.
Note: I got this idea from Sophie. Thank you for letting me to my own version :)

1) The moment when you first get into freshly washed sheets.

2) The sound of rain on my window.

3) Going on long walks in the countryside.

4) Netflix days.

5) The  feeling when you take your hair down after having it in a ponytail all day.

6) Late night chats with a friend.

7) Talking about something you love.

8) A nice, warm hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and whipped cream, on a cold Winter's day.

9) Decoding lyrics to a song and finding the true meaning.

10) Finding new music and listening to it on repeat.

11) Reading a good book.

12) Buying little things for my room.

13) Buying new clothes.

14) Bookshops.

15) Relating to a quote or song instantly.

16) Scented candles.

17) Buying new stationary.

18) Making someone smile.

19) Having a nice chat with a complete stranger.

20) Autumnal clothing.

21) Baking

22) Stumbling across cute little shops 

23) The Great British Bake Off.

24) Disney films.

25) Everything Christmas.

26) Cuddles with my cat.

27) Collages filled with photos of my friends and family.

28) Printing off photos.

29) Looking through old photos.

30) Reuniting with someone I haven't seen in ages.

31) The smell of freshly made bread.

32) Boxing

33) Freshly shaven legs.

34) Making someone laugh.

35) Film nights with the family.

36) Lists

37) Giving myself a challenge and meeting my goal.

38) Receiving a warm, lovely, friendly or caring hug when I'm feeling down.

39) Writing a letter.

40) Spending hours on YouTube, watching videos of your favorite You Tubers or finding new ones.

41) Making new memories.

42) Random acts of kindness from strangers.

43) My favorite song coming on the radio.

44) Receiving praise for something I've worked hard on.

45) Wrapping gifts/presents.

46) Exploring new places.

47) Watching The Sound of Music and singing along with it.

48) The smell of books.

49) Babies.

50) Blogging :)

So, there are my 50 things that make me smile. Be sure to comment below what makes you smile, I would love to know.

Emily xx

1 comment: