Saturday 5 April 2014

Small Update (aka, my day at Alton Towers)

Ok, this is just a very small update on what I've been up to recently.

On Thursday 3rd April we broke up from school for the Easter holidays. Now I have two weeks off and yesterday (Friday 4th April) we had an inset day (day off). 

So, for the inset day me and my family decided to go to Alton Towers for the day. Alton Towers is quite far from where I live (around 4 hours away) we wanted to get there for opening time which was 10:00am. We woke up at 4:00am yesterday morning and we left the house at about 4:50am. This was my first time at Alton Towers, so I was very, very excited. Once we got there we took the monorail to get to the entrance and we had to wait about 25 minutes for the gates to open. Once they opened the gates my dad, my brother and I headed straight for the newest roller coaster at Alton Towers named The Smiler (my mum came too but she didn't go on many roller coasters) .The Smiler is apparently a world record breaker with a total of 14 loops. It was amazing. It was by far the best ride I went on.

Surprisingly, I went on all the big rides such as The Smiler, Oblivion, Air, Nemesis, Thirteen and Rita. They were all very good rides, but like I said The Smiler was by far the best (highly recommend).

Once we finished going on all the rides we wanted to we went on Rita again because the line wasn't long. However, I desperately wanted to go on The Smiler again but once we got there the queue was a 45 minute wait, we didn't want to wait that long so we didn't go on it, unfortunately. 
There were also two water rides at the park which were quite good too. We decided to buy the picture that was take on the water rapids type ride because it was a great picture with all 4 of us in it. Unfortunately, I didnt buy any pictures that were taken on any of the roller coasters, mainly because they were all terrible pictures of me. 

Anyway, overall my day at Alton Towers was amazing.

Today is Saturday 5th April (the day after Alton Towers) and my legs are killing me because they ache SO much from walking round Alton Towers for about 6 hours yesterday. Now, I'm having a pj day/lazy day because I don't really feel like doing anything. Lazy, I know but everyone needs a lazy pj day every now and then (I have lazy days more often than you think :/) 

Ok, that's you all up to date. I know it wasn't really an update, it was only really the story of my day at alton towers haha sorry.

Have you ever been to Alton Towers?
What was your favourite ride?
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment